Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Monday morning, April 14...

Good morning ...after checking nests all day yesterday I was too tired to post last night. I visited 24 nests, read twelve bands and have driven over 400 miles this past week. We do have a serious game of musical nests going on...ospreys identified on different nests than where they have been in the past. Doesn't mean they will stay there! I have been dismayed to see at least three nests removed from cell towers over the winter. The Ospreys can rebuild them in a heartbeat tho and they are determined! I am also seeing a number of new, young birds who are nesting for the first time.
This is also a plea for help...several of my volunteers are unable to check nests due to health issues so I do need help watching over all these nests. If you would like to get involved, watch a nest or two or three, learn about osprey behavior, spend time in the field with me, please send me a message. It takes a village!

No comments:

Post a Comment