Friday, March 11, 2016

it won't be long....

I can tell that everyone's interest in the Ospreys is starting to stir. Reports of a few Ospreys trickling up the east coast lets us know that our friends are on their way back home. Ospreys with satelite transmitters on have begun to move, according to several websites. It's time to connect again with all the wonderful volunteers from last year, and to see if you all will be returning for another season of Osprey watching. Let me know! We always need more volunteers to help us watch over this growing population, so send an email if you would like to get involved. We like to have nests checked once a week and I have a guideline for what behaviors we are watching for. I love spending time in the field with the volunteers to teach about behaviors, to share the interesting observations, and I am always willing to answer questions about these birds I love so much.
So keep your eyes open and keep looking up! It won't be long!
I also encourage people who are reading this blog to check out our Facebook page...there are many more conversations going on there during the Osprey season.
https://www.facebook.com/Twin-Cities-Metro-Osprey-Watch-218968924786696/?ref=hl

No comments:

Post a Comment