Sunday, March 22, 2020

New nests!

I took a little drive and went for a walk with a friend.....along the way I found two Osprey nests I didn’t know about! It’s a great time to look around, before the leaves pop out.....so keep your eyes open and PLEASE report nests to me at Osprey.mn@gmail.com
I think I know who built one of them.....a long story about an Osprey that disappeared and then called to me in some mysterious way and I found him late last summer, after a year of no sightings. He was seen near this new nest last August. I was spread too thin to get back there after mid August, which is probably when this nest was built.
I had received a report yesterday of an Osprey eating a fish in a tree....and I scoured the area twice , before the walk and after, and found no ospreys anywhere and NO open water where an Osprey might get a fish. Hmmmmmm. I dont think we will see many ospreys until the lakes open up a little more, but the warm southerly winds predicted for this week may change things rapidly.
Osprey watching, alone, from your car, is a safe activity! And we do need volunteer monitors.....email me if you are interested! And remember to report nests!!!!!!! Thanks everyone.....please be well.


No comments:

Post a Comment