Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Finally….

 The Arb ospreys finally incubated thru the night last night. Time will tell if these eggs hatch. While we wait for that….believe it or not, our first nests will begin hatching next week! And I am still trying to get around to some nests for the first time…I remember the early days when there used to be a break for me between reading bands, getting incubation dates and hatching! No more…I just keep trying to gather the data constantly. I still have some far away nests, and difficult to access nests to check for the first time…. And a lot to recheck for incubation. Possibly several difficult bands to read. We are seeing some unusually aggressive fighting for territories and that leaves me sitting for long periods trying to figure it out, and to document feather patterns so we can differentiate between the territorial male and the intruder.

ok, so why am I here writing posts??? Off I go…..

No comments:

Post a Comment