Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Good news, bad news

As many of you realize the Arboretum Osprey Cam is down again. So I stopped at that nest today since I knew that fledging day was upon us. When I arrived I saw what was in the photo below.....one chick on the nest perch! Hmmmmm. I assumed that meant the chick had fledged....but I waited a while to confirm that supposition. Yes! Off he went on a short loop and returned to the perch and made a slightly awkward landing, but none the less a successful landing! This is day 54 for one of these chicks, and I suspect the other chick will takes its first flight soon. I will keep you posted! A milestone for this chick and this nest. In my research, if one chick is known to have fledged successfully, the nest is considered to be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment