Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Arboretum cam nest....

 So sorry for the lack of posts. I am overly busy dealing with some challenges....but we finally have a pair of ospreys at the Arboretum cam nest. The male is a new one, MS, who is three years old and was hatched on a nest nearby in Carver Park. This will be his first breeding attempt. The female is unbanded and I believe she is a new female. I have tried to compare her markings to the female‘s from last year on some saved screen shots. I will keep working on that. The male has exhibited some defensive behaviors, turning his back on her, dropping his wings and shaking them. He also looked at her and put his wings out and approached her as if he was going to push her off the nest. These behaviors are not uncommon with a new pair. We will see what happens!

We also do have some Ospreys incubating...those early returns, the old mated pairs, get right down to it!

I also want to thank The Raptor Respurce Project, Debbie Jordan and Rob Van de Loo for their generous donations to this project. I am so grateful for the support!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment