Monday, April 4, 2022

They’re back!!!!!!

 Osprey season has officially begun as of April 2, 2022! I have seen two ospreys on their nests and heard about another from one of the volunteers and a pair reported by a member of the public! So we are off! I hope many of the monitors that I havent heard from will return….do let me know….and we always need more help ( people with birding experience, a spotting scope, some knowledge of breeding behavior, and an ability to commit at least 15-30 minutes of time per nest, per week. We have written guidelines about what behaviors we are trying to document on each nest as part of a long term research study. Contact me at osprey.mn@gmail.com)

And a HUGE thanks to Debbie Jordan for her generous donation to the project! With the current economy its hard for me to drive all the miles I have in the past, so I deeply appreciate the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment