Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Another cold misty day...

I spent the day checking nests with one of my most dedicated volunteers. We have a great time and always find something new and interesting, exploring back roads. We read some bands, some escaped us. We found a pair who had been driven off their nest by human activity safely settled somewhere not too far away. I had to confirm a band I read earlier...after checking the band list and realizing it was a new male on the nest, and the male from last year appears to have been replaced by his brother! Seemed like too much of a coincidence, so I reread the band to be sure. Yup, that's what happened.
A productive day in the cold, gray mist. Thanks again to ALL my nest monitors. I appreciate each and everyone of you who shares your observations throughout the season. I couldn't do this without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment