Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What is it about Ospreys?

What is it about Ospreys that is so captivating? They have caused me to spend 20 years studying them, to devote my life savings to this effort, living below the poverty level in order to keep visiting over 90 nests in my eight county study area here in Minnesota. And I still can't fully explain my love for them. No other bird captivates me like this. It remains a mystery...but I see that I am not alone! It's so wonderful to connect with people all over the world who understand this love and who have been supportive of what I am doing. Thanks to all who share this passion. I appreciate those of you who contact me out of concern for some bird, some nest...I am happy to do welfare checks. I love running into some of my volunteer monitors in the field, and being greeted with such enthusiasm. I love the nest hosts who call me with interesting observations, concerns. Thanks to all who help me watch over these raptors...it takes a village!

No comments:

Post a Comment