Monday, September 30, 2013

End of September

I checked a few nests today and there are still some ospreys around! I visited one nest that was empty but as I sat there I saw an osprey flying off in the distance, so I went searching for him. I could hear a juvenile food begging but could not spot him. I went back to the nest...still nothing there, so I started walking and listening and finally located the juvenile in a tree. I did not find an adult, but I believe there was one that the youngster was asking for food. I went to another nest on the other side of town and found a juvenile female on her nest, preening and snoozing in the lovely autumn sun. So here it is, Sept 29, and we still have some youngsters that are not ready to start their first migration. Interesting. I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment