Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Haven’t forgotten about you!

 As this population of ospreys continues to grow, I am finding less and less time to spend in front of a computer….writing posts and answering emails. I have also had some health issues and took a much needed break to go to California for a few days to visit my cousin and to see Paul McCartney on his first tour in three years. He was amazing and did provide a big lift to everyones spirits. I busted my butt to get to most nests before I left…and many ospreys are incubating. Sadly we still have some sites where a nest was removed and no ospreys have been seen, no rebuilding has occurred. We are missing a lot of banded birds….even younger ones. Today I checked a nest that was built last year and still there is only a lonely female there. No male has shown up. Not sure why she hasnt attracted a new mate. We are looking for new nests that might pop up. It will be very interesting to see how our numbers are at the end of the year.

At any rate, I havent forgotten about the readers! Only so many hours in a day tho….cant believe its mid May already!

No comments:

Post a Comment