Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Another nest fixed!

I have done a terrible job of writing posts to keep you all informed about what’s going on. As you all know, nothing is normal anymore and neither is my life. I have fewer nest monitors as people’s lives change and I am trying to watch over so many nests....and it takes a lot of time. Let me try to talk about a few things, catch up with you all in a few posts in the next few days.....first I need to send out another huge thanks to Steven Koski and Xcel energy for replacing one of the deteriorating nest poles. I was stunned to stumble across this lovely new nestpole last weekend. A before and after photo are below...not only a beautiful new nestbox, but a new pole, taller than its surroundings, which will solve lots of problems. I am so grateful for the three different crews that straightened and repaired the three different poles that were so in need of help. Wow. A million deep thanks to each and every person who played a part in helping our Ospreys avoid some potentially tragic outcomes. All of the repaired poles are now occupied! Just in the nick of time, so many wonderful people came thru for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment