Sunday, September 26, 2021

Sept 26….still here!

 Did you think the ospreys were all gone? Nope! I found two chicks hollering for food today on different nests. I waited around for a while but didnt get to see the dads because I had to meet someone. One of the youngsters even gave an appropriate alarm call when an adult bald eagle was chasing a juvenile bald eagle in the area. She flew off and made some circles, giving the BE alarm call, then she returned to the nest and continued her occasional food begging. 

Some of the nests that I was watching last week, with chicks still on them, seem to be empty now, after the storm went thru last friday with strong NW winds….but I found these two occupied nests in a different area today. I am always happy when I manage to find an osprey to watch. I will recheck these nests on Wednesday…

No comments:

Post a Comment