Wednesday, September 25, 2024

September 25!

 I just had to go out looking again today…September 25, and I spent a joyful 2.5 hours watching this lovely chick and her Dad. I didn’t get any photos of him as he was moving around a lot. This sweet juvenile was following him, perching nearby and hollering for food. Dad disappeared for a while and this chick did try to catch a fish! She was gazing into the water, went plunging in and got out of the lake… without a fish, but it was a great water start! She is working on her skills! She was flying between the nest and the nearby lake, and I loved the sound of her crying all the way!

Most of our friends are gone now, so it was a total pleasure to hang out with this pair on this lovely fall day! Oh how I will miss them!




No comments:

Post a Comment