Friday, April 1, 2016

Day two....

Today I visited 23 nests (96 miles) and found only ONE osprey! And he was at a nest where he didn't belong! But that's what happens this time of year! Some of them are checking out real estate! I was actually very happy to see this fellow because his nest blew down in a storm last July and I never saw him after that. So I was relieved to see him alive and well. Perhaps he figures why start rebuilding if I can find a new territory. I know that either his mate or one of his chicks was severely injured in that storm and was euthanized at the Raptor Center so he may need a new mate as well as a new home. He has had a tough time, nested unsuccessfully several times at one site, moved to another site and was successful for several years until that storm last year. I am rooting for him this year! A very handsome Osprey!

No comments:

Post a Comment