Sunday, April 3, 2016

Sunday, April 3....

I was out and about again today. I met with some lovely folks who shared info about a "new" nest....new to me, tho it's been there a few years apparently. Then I checked about six other nests, read the band on one male...another old friend who I have been watching for many years. He was sitting quietly on his nest, alone, snoozing in the sun, waiting....but a perfect chance to read his band. 
I visited the nest that had a pair on Thursday....they are still there, still the same male...not her old partner, but this new young fellow. He arrived with a goldfish and flew circles around the nest, displaying the fish, but she did not food beg so he headed to a perch to eat it himself. It was clear he was offering it to her, but she was not hungry, or not interested in him. Time will tell! Still not too many Ospreys have returned, but new reports are trickling in of sightings...so we will keep making the rounds, identifying the birds when we find them. The strong northerly winds may be slowing some birds down. Patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment