Still here….the dad with the two chicks. Dad was on his same cell tower perch when I arrived, and the male chick was on the lightpole the nest is on. He was quiet, no food begging. No female chick! Dad was looking all around….then he finally flew off to the east….and the male chick started flying around as well. Dad then went to the west. After a short time He came back and went south and the male chick did too. All gone…but I waited. Suddenly I hear food begging and the female chick landed on the nest and Dad landed on another lightpole. I believe he went and rounded her up! I am becoming very fond of this fellow….he is a very attentive parent. He didn’t get a fish but he is definitely watching over them, and he is really sticking close by. The male chick did not return before I had to leave …but all three were seen! And one of the new monitors this year, Pat, is still seeing at least one of the chicks on her nest!




No comments:
Post a Comment