Saturday, June 13, 2020

Arb cam....

As many of you know, the Arboretum Osprey Cam is down. I am getting a lot of messages asking about it, so I have to remind people that I do not run the cam....I just watch it and comment on the behaviors observed there. I know that initially it seemed that there were problems for people watching on a phone, but my iPad still received the livestream perfectly. There were conversations with some of the people at the Arb about that, since it was odd....and then it all went down and I have heard nothing about what is wrong or when or if they anticipate the cam working again.
Of course we dont want them to disturb newly hatched chicks if there is something physically wrong with the camera itself. I will try to monitor the nest in person to see how they are doing when I have time, and I will share that info. I know how frustrating this is for those of you who are addicted!
Right now we have SO many nests hatching, and also this is the time when we start to see some nesting failures and I am trying to figure that out, count heads on successful nests, and it’s got me running all over. Sometimes figuring out what went wrong, or what’s going wrong on a failing nest, can be very time consuming and upsetting. Many times it remains a mystery.
If I hear anything about the Arb cam or that nest, I will surely share it. Thanks for your patience. Thanks for caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment