Monday, March 29, 2021

My first Osprey of 2021

 Its official! I have seen my first Osprey and read my first band! Love it when the old regulars return so early. The lakes are really opening up quickly now and as I suspected, these strong southerly winds easily carried this osprey to his home territory. I suspect we will have more birds here tomorrow! Then the winds turn around for a few days. Southerly winds again on Thursday and Friday. Should be a fun weekend searching for Ospreys!

Wish I had taken a picture of that osprey , but I encountered a problem with a nestbox and felt the need to hurry home and try to find some help to repair it. So many nest box problems this year....and I don’t always have the help I need to fix them. But i keep trying! It felt so good to see one of my Osprey friends, and hear his vocalizations....yelling at eagles.

No comments:

Post a Comment