Tuesday, March 9, 2021

On their way!

 Well my friends, I have heard about ospreys starting to show up on the east coast, so it won’t be too long before Osprey season begins here in the twin cities metro area. If you have volunteered in the past and intend to continue to watch your nests again this year, please shoot me an email at Osprey.mn@gmail.com. And if you are interested in getting involved, we always need more help watching over all these nests in the eight county area. We are looking for people with some birding experience and a spotting scope who can commit to visiting a nest, or more than one nest, once a week thru the breeding season. I have written guidelines regarding what data we are trying to collect on each nest that I can send to interested folks. We usually start seeing our Ospreys returning to their nests in late March, into early and mid April. I will post here when the first ospreys have been confirmed....so stay tuned! They are on their way!

Here is a lovely photo from Kelly Doyle....just to get you all excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment