Saturday, June 29, 2013

Falling in love...

I fell in love today. I met a little osprey chick who, for some reason, totally captivated me. Now, I have met literally thousands of osprey chicks over the years...but this little guy was so precious. He is an only chick, and is about ten days to two weeks old...and I was mesmerized as I watched his Mom feed him. The male watched from a high dead tree overlooking the nest. He opened his little beak and reached out for that juicy bit of fish with such eagerness...only aware of his small world on that nest. He is not even old enough to be looking around at the larger world around him. I don't know...something special about him, and the time I spent crouched on the ground peering thru my spotting scope at this precious little being. With no feathers on his breast, his crop stuck out, full of fish, looking like he swallowed a golf ball. Just so damn cute. Yup, I fell in love, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment