Saturday, April 1, 2017

First band read....

On this beautiful Saturday morning I got my first band read! So wonderful to see an old friend, calmly preening in the sun, no alarm when I put up my scope, just waiting for his mate to show up. Oh how I love these birds.....this research. I move on to other nests and may have more to report today, tho the other four nests I visited before this one were all still empty. Winds are so calm today but have switched and are from the WSW.....predicted to be more from the S tomorrow.....hoping this brings in more birds. After all these years it still amazes me when I identify a bird who has nested successfully for years and has survived the long migration to and from South or Central America. I get so excited and am still so intrigued and curious. On to the next nest.....tho part of me just wants to sit here and watch this guy....so many nests to check tho! As I prepare to move on, I hear two Barred Owls hooting back and forth...
A little odd at this time of day....but no worries, it is only the Great Horned Owl which is a threat to our Ospreys.

No comments:

Post a Comment