Saturday, April 6, 2019

Yes, I have seen, and identified, my first Osprey of 2019

Well, ya all probably knew I couldnt wait to see my first Osprey, so I ran up to a nearby nest and watched a banded female, band read, as she picked up sticks off the ground and worked on the nest. I watched for an hour, my heart racing...what is it about these birds? But I have to stay focused on my income producing work this week.....holy smokes it’s gonna be hard. So the 2019 Osprey season has officially begun!

There are are still a lot of volunteer monitors that I have not heard from, and we always need help watching all these nests.....and if anyone wishes to make a donation to support this field study in its 26 th year...we have a Twin Cities Metro Osprey Watch page at Go Fund Me to take donations.

No comments:

Post a Comment