Sunday, August 27, 2023

Still looking…..

 I have not stopped looking for Kisa and the two missing chicks. Mom has not been seen since wednesday. Today I searched the nest area again, three nearby lakes, and even ventured 5-6 miles from the nest and carefully scanned the shorelines of several lakes. I did see one adult male osprey flying over the water at one of those lakes, but he took off over some trees and never landed where I could examine his feather patterns. No chicks seen or heard. Of course, its now a migratory period so many ospreys are moving thru. I will not give up the search as long as we have ospreys around.

At another nest today, I thought the area was empty, but then just as I was about to leave, I spotted the adult male perched in a hidden spot. He had a fish but was not eating….he was just looking all around. Finally he began eating, but after every bite he stopped and scanned the whole area. I love these devoted Dads, always looking for their chicks to see if they need food….even if they are watching from a very unobtrusive spot, not advertising their presence, but still, on duty!
Here is a pretty picture of a juvenile Osprey I hung out with a bit last weekend….they are so beautiful….they still take my breath away…

No comments:

Post a Comment