Friday, April 12, 2024

April 12

 Well today there has been an unbanded male on the Arb cam nest….things seem very unsettled there. PZ does not seem committed. MS has not been seen.  I do think the female is the same one from last year. 


We had a high mortality rate and high failure rate last year and I am seeing the results of that with some unsettled nests, birds that are moving around, seeking new mates and new territories. It’s like musical nests….when the music stops, where will they be? It’s keeping me busy trying to read bands over and over, revisiting nests to see what’s changed, trying to figure out what’s happening. We have some VIBs ( very important birds) still missing. And I am not getting very far each day.  I have a lot of puzzles to figure out! 

Oy vey!

No comments:

Post a Comment