Sunday, April 7, 2024

Woo Hoo!

 I have had the pleasure of reading bands on some of my favorite, older male Ospreys in recent days. You all have heard the story of the male who had a fractured keel and spent a month in rehab before I released him back at his nesting site, only to be attacked by his mate! And yet he persevered in bringing fish to his offspring in spite of her aggression. Well, He is back! WOO HOO! Love that bird. This morning, in the pouring rain, I also saw another older banded male sitting side by side in a tree with his mate, while she ate a fish. Sweet! At yet another nest unfortunately I found a new unbanded male instead of the older banded male who should be there. It’s early, so there is still time for him to return…..fingers crossed. Many more nests to check….we’ve only just begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment