Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Arboretum

 For those who are interested in whats happening on the Arboretum cam nest….we are seeing a banded male, PZ, visiting occasionally. He is NOT the male from the past few years however! He is a male who has nested nearby in recent years but his nest failed last year so he may be looking to make a change. Time will tell if the territorial male returns or not. I got out there in person today and checked the nest where PZ has been in the past, but he wasnt there! There was an unbanded male! And I stopped at the Cam nest repeatedly and didn’t see him there either. Hmmmm This time of year we often have a game of musical nests and I was unable to locate him in person.  I will solve the mystery! 

I did see our oldest male back on his nest….21 years old this year! Also saw a 19 year old male back on his nest! Those old ones are so amazing to see again.

No comments:

Post a Comment