Saturday, September 19, 2026

A few more….

 I visited a few more nests today, on this cloudy drizzly day. The first stop was the nest where the orphans bio -dad lives….and the chick ( orphans half sister) was still there and food begging, tho I couldn’t see the dad. He must have been there. This chick is about a week younger than the orphan who departed last week….so it makes sense that she is still around.

Then I stopped at the orphans nest….and found a juvenile bald eagle on the lights! No ospreys objecting to his presence.
Then I headed on to some other nests. I did find one chick on a nest that was one of our latest nests to fledge. Her sibling was not around but she was waiting for Dad, and hollering for food occasionally. I moved on to some other nests and found no other ospreys but did find a pair of adult bald eagles on one of the osprey nests. Hope they don’t get any bright ideas. I did not see or hear any ospreys around, and if they were there, I am sure they would have had some thoughts about these visitors.
So still a few ospreys around in that part of the metro area.




No comments:

Post a Comment