Friday, September 15, 2023

Still here….

 You all have heard my story about the male who had a fractured keel way back in 2015. The male whose female would not accept him after a month in rehab…tho he tried to bring fish repeatedly.

I was driving down the road today , after leaving the pottery studio and he flew right above my car with a ginormous fish! So I turned around to check his nest. The remaining chick was on the nest…apoplectic, because she saw him with that huge fish but he had stopped to eat part of it himself! She was pacing back and forth on the nest and hollering desperately for food, in spite of her full crop. I located him and watched him eating the head of that family sized meal. Finally he delivered that fish to her Highness. As he flew off, over my car very low, I said…. “ I love you…..stay safe, I cant wait to see you next year… or maybe next week.” With the north winds expected this weekend….will I see him again? Sure was a good way to end the week, seeing him and his beautiful, rotund daughter. He is such a great Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment